Chainsaw Skills & Safety Class 2017
May 6 @ 9:00 am - May 7 @ 2:00 pm$90
Training will be presented in three parts:
– Chainsaw Maintenance – cutting safely requires a well running saw.
– Chainsaw Safety & Personal Protective Equipment – including things to watch out for while cutting.
– Tree Felling & Cutting Skills – classroom review followed by field exercises.
Presented by: Eric Philips, Wildfire Mitigation Specialist, Rocky Mountain Resource Protection
and Eric Folwell, Wildfire Mitigation Specialist, Rocky Mountain Resource Protection NWCG ENGB and Forestry Consultant to Boulder County
Participants, please bring:
– your lunch and plenty of water
– your own gear, chain saw, helmet, gloves, ear and eye protection, chaps. Wear long sleeves, pants, and boots.
Space is limited. Please contact Jody Dickson at 303-588-6639 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to participate in this training if you would like to pay by check or cash. Sign up at https://
Cost is $90 per person for the 2 day training.
Work off the classroom fee with labor in our regular Saws & Slaws events! Ask Jody for more details.