- This event has passed.
2018 Chainsaw Skills & Safety Class
May 19 @ 8:00 am - May 20 @ 2:00 pm$250.00
This quality, hands-on training will give you the skills you need to effectively and safely use a chainsaw for forest health and property maintenance.
Training will be presented in three parts:
– Chainsaw Maintenance – cutting safely requires a well running saw.
– Chainsaw Safety & Personal Protective Equipment – including things to watch out for while cutting.
– Tree Felling & Cutting Skills – classroom review followed by field exercises.
Presented by: Eric Philips, Wildfire Mitigation Specialist, Rocky Mountain Resource Protection
and Eric Folwell, Wildfire Mitigation Specialist, Rocky Mountain Resource Protection NWCG ENGB and Forestry Consultant to Boulder County
The two-day class will run on Saturday, May 19 from 9 am to 4 pm, and on Sunday, May 20 from 10 am to 2 pm.
Participants, please bring:
– your lunch and plenty of water
– your own gear, chain saw, helmet, gloves, ear and eye protection, chaps. Wear long sleeves, pants, and boots.
Space is limited. Please contact Jody Dickson at 303-588-6639 or email@example.com if you would like to participate in this training and pay by cash or check.
Cost is $250 per person for the 2 day training.
Work off the classroom fee with labor in our regular Saws & Slaws events! Ask Jody for more details.